- noun the movement of people from one area to another, or from one country to another.
- The movement of particles, such as atoms or ions, through a material or medium such as a solution or semiconductor. This may be due, for instance, to diffusion or an external electric field. Specific examples include elec-tromigration, and ion migration.
- To adapt or change a given hardware or software product, platform, or technology to another. Also, the processes involved in doing so.
- noun moving from one place or country to another, usually to work
Information & Library Science
- noun a transfer of computer data, programs or hardware from one system to another