- A measure of thickness typically used to describe materials such as plastic sheeting, trash bags, or vinyl, equal to 0.001 inch. Used to measure coating, wire, and material thickness.
- A unit of distance equal to exactly 0.001 inch, or 2.54 × 10-5 meter. Used, for instance, to specify diameters of wires or thicknesses of sheets.
Information & Library Science
- abbreviation in Internet addresses, the generic top-level domain for military organisation
- noun a unit of measurement for angles or bearings
- noun a measurement of the thickness of paper mainly used in the USA (one thousand mils equal one inch).