- noun a badly matched pair
- noun a situation in which the skills of the unemployed do not match the requirements of the jobs available
- To join components, devices, equipment, or systems which are not compatible, or which otherwise do not correspond with each other. For instance, to attempt to match a plug with an incompatible jack.
- To not attain an equality in a given property or value. For instance, to not match impedances between two circuits, or between a signal source and a load.
Information & Library Science
- noun a situation where two things are not correctly linked
- verb to match tissues wrongly