- Energy which a body possesses due to its motion. The principle of the Conservation of Momentum states that momentum cannot be created or destroyed – if one body loses momentum, another must have gained it.
- noun a movement upwards of share prices, suggesting that prices will continue to rise
- The mass times the velocity of a moving object.
- A term describing a class of technical indicators that measure the force or speed of a market's movement. Momentum indicators like the Relative Strength Index are often used by forex traders to assess the tendency of a market's price action to continue to move in its current overall direction.
- noun the forward movement of an advance or attack