- noun coins or notes which are used for buying things
- noun the type of coins and notes used in a country
- noun coins and notes used for buying and selling. In some contexts it includes funds in deposit and current accounts.
- A currency that is accepted in exchange for goods or services and for the repayment of debts within a country or group. Money in the form of the fiat or paper currency commonly traded in the forex market is usually declared legal tender by the government that issues and backs it, but it otherwise lacks intrinsic value.
- adjective cool. A fashionable term since the yuppie era.