- Image reproduction in black, white, and multiple shades of gray in between. For example, that of a monochrome monitor. Also called black-and-white, or grayscale.
- Image reproduction with one foreground color and one background color. For example, a green on black monitor.
- adjective using or displaying only shades of one colour or black and white
- noun a painting, drawing or print in shades of a single colour
- noun the art of painting, drawing or printing in shades of a single colour
- noun the condition of being painted, drawn or printed in shades of a single colour
- noun a black-and-white photograph or transparency