- noun a situation where one person or company is the only supplier of a particular product or service
- noun a situation in which one person or company controls all the market in the supply of a product
(written as Monopoly)A market in which there is a single seller.
- noun the right given to one person or company to control all the market in the supply of a product
- noun a situation in which one seller holds a large share of the market and effectively controls prices and product supply
- noun a situation where one person or company has the complete control of trade in particular goods or the supply of a particular service