- noun something such as a support or frame to which something else can be fixed
(written as Mount)
- verb to fix a device or circuit onto a base
- verb to insert a disk in a disk drive or inform an operating system that a disk drive is ready to be used
- A support or substrate upon which objects may be fixed or assembled. For example, a breadboard.
- To fix or assemble on a support or substrate. For instance, to mount a gyroscope on a gimbal.
Information & Library Science
- verb to organise an event and ensure that it happens
- verb to fix something in a particular place, especially a piece of artwork or film on a card backing or in a frame
- verb to attach something securely to something else, such as a camera to a dolly
- noun a supporting structure for a weapon or other equipment
- verb to plan, prepare and carry out
- verb to get into a high vehicle
- noun a base in a forme on which a plate is placed to make it the same height as the standing type
- noun a backing or support to which something is fixed, e.g. a sheet of cardboard used as a backing for a photograph