- A yeast-raised dough made with strong flour, milk, a little semolina and salt, rolled out and cut in 8 cm rounds, proven and cooked on a griddle or hot plate for about 7 minutes each side until golden brown
- A baking powder raised sweet sponge mix baked in deep patty tins to a soft doughy consistency. Sometimes flavoured with fresh or dried fruit, glacé cherries, honey or maple syrup.
- noun the female genitals. An elaboration on the older ‘muff’, used singularly or generically. The term is heard in Britain and Australia. In the USA the plural form is occasionally used to denote the breasts.
- noun a small round flat bun eaten warm with butter
- noun a small sweet cake that often contains fruit