- noun a lack of proper care or failure to carry out a duty (with the result that a person or property is harmed)
- noun the act of not doing a job properly when one is capable of doing it
- The failure of a party to conform its conduct to the standard of care required by law. The law requires that a person exercise that degree of care that a reasonable person would exercise under the same or similar circumstances. See also due care.
- noun failure to give proper care to something, especially a duty or responsibility, with the result that a person or property is harmed
- noun the tort of acting carelessly towards others so as to cause harm, entitling the injured party to claim damages
- noun the act of causing injury or harm to another person or to property as the result of doing something wrongly or failing to provide a proper level of care