- noun the process of discussing something
- noun the discussion of terms and conditions in order to reach an agreement
- A process used to determine a mutually satisfactory contract sum, and terms to be included in the contract for construction. In negotiations, the owner directly selects the constructor and the two, often with assistanceof the design professional, derive by compromise and a meeting of the minds the scope of the project and its cost.
Information & Library Science
- noun discussions between people who have different viewpoints in which they try to reach an agreement
- noun the process of arriving at a compromise between the preferred reading offered by a text and the reader’s own assumptions and interpretations
- noun a discussion between two people or two groups who disagree, intended to reach an agreement between them