- noun a set of basic operations such as a file sharing and the transfer of data between nodes within a network carried out by a widely used set of commands within application programs, using a system created by IBM
- abbreviation forNetwork Basic Input Output System
- noun a commonly used standard set of commands, originally developed by IBM, that allow application programs to carry out basic operations such as file sharing and transferring data between nodes over a network
- Abbreviation of Network Basic Input/Output System. A network API or protocol working at the session layer within the OSI Reference Model.
- synonymNetwork Basic Input/Output System
- synonymNetwork BIOS