- Acronym for near-instantaneously companded audio multiplex. A standard for the digital encoding of TV audio, which produces sound equivalent to a CD. Used in some European countries.
- acronym fornear-instantaneous companded audio multiplex
- acronym fornear-instantaneously companded audio multiplex
- noun a system in which digital quality audio can be transmitted through an analogue signal and decoded by compatible viewing equipment.
- acronym forNear Instantaneous Amplitude Companding And Modulation