- noun a place in an ecosystem which a species has adapted to occupy
- noun a special place in a market, occupied by one company (a ‘niche company’)
- A recess in a wall, usually intended for statuary. Often a base and a canopy project out from the wall around the recess.
Information & Library Science
- noun an area in business which exactly fits the needs of a specialised group
- adjective referring to something highly specific, that is relevant to only a small section of the population
- noun an area of the market specialising in one type of product or service