- noun the energy released during a nuclear reaction, either fission or fusion
- noun the power created in a nuclear power station by a nuclear reaction which produces heat that warms water, forming steam that runs a turbine to generate electricity
- Energy released by reactions involving atomic nuclei. There are three types of nuclear energy: (1) the splitting, or fission, of nuclei, (2) the union, or fusion, of nuclei, and (3) the radioactive decay of nuclei. Also known as atomic energy.
- noun energy produced by a nuclear reaction
- noun electricity made using a nuclear process