- The process of obstructing, closing, or preventing the passage of. For instance, the blocking of electromagnetic radiation.
- That which obstructs, closes, or prevents from passing. For instance, an obstacle which blocks electromagnetic radiation.
- That which is obstructed, closed, or prevented from passing. For instance, a gas that is trapped within a crystal lattice.
- noun a thing which blocks a passage or which closes an opening
- noun the way in which the teeth in the upper and lower jaws fit together when the jaws are closed