- adjective linked via a computer directly to another computer, a computer network or, especially, the Internet; on the Internet
- connected to a computer. Said, for instance of a peripheral, or of data stored in a removable medium which is inserted at the moment.
- Installed in a computer, said for example, of hardware or software.
- connected to a computer or communications network. Said, for instance, of a user, or of a computer system.
- connected to the Internet. Said, for instance, of a user, or of a computer system.
- Under the control of a computer. Said, for example, of a manufacturing process.
- Connected to, or controlled by, a computer, and in an operational state. Said, for instance, of a printer which is connected, and ready to receive data.
- In an operational mode or state. Said, for example, of a piece of equipment that is active.
- Immediately available or accessible.
Information & Library Science
- adjective relating to data or information that is available when a terminal is connected to a central computer via a modem