- noun an action or set of actions taken to make something work
- noun an organised activity designed to achieve something
- noun an activity or a piece of work, or the task of running something
- noun the process of making something work
- noun the working of a machine
- noun a series of actions performed by a computer in response to an instruction
- noun a mathematical process, e.g. subtraction
- The act, process, or state of functioning or being functional. Also, the manner in which something functions.
- One or more steps within a specific task or process. Also, a complete sequence within a task or process.
- The action or actions resulting from a single computer instruction.
- A function which a logical operator performs. Also called logical operation.
- noun the way in which something operates
- noun a surgical procedure carried out to repair or remove a damaged body part
- noun the way in which a drug acts
- noun a planned military task
- noun the organisation and work in a business