- noun a person who works instruments, etc.
- noun a person who organises things
- noun a person who runs a business
- noun a person who buys and sells shares hoping to make a quick profit
- noun a person who makes a machine or process work
- noun a character, symbol or word that defines a function or operation
- An operation or function which is performed on an entity. For instance, in (A + B) × C, + and x are operators, while A, B, and C are operands.
- A symbol representing an operator (1).
- A person who utilizes a device, piece of equipment, machine, or system.
Information & Library Science
- noun a mathematical symbol, term or other entity that performs or describes an operation, e.g. a multiplication or subtraction sign
- noun someone whose job is to operate a machine or piece of equipment
- noun a surgeon who operates on people
- noun a person who operates an apparatus or device
- noun somebody who works a machine