- noun a regular movement from side to side
- The periodic variation of a physical quantity or object around a set point, a given value, an average value, or between two extreme values. For example, AC, the movement of a pendulum, or the states of an astable multivibrator. Oscillation may be desired, as in that of a crystal utilized as a frequency standard, or unwanted, as in hunting. Also called vibration (2).
- A single variation, movement, or cycle during oscillation (1).
- The oscillation (1) of a controlled variable near the desired value, or between two values. Also called cycling (1).
- noun the action of moving backwards and forwards between two points at a regular speed
- noun a single movement between two points