Cars & Driving
- noun an electronic measurement device used to display waveforms or traces of signals.
- An electronic device that uses a cathode ray tube or a fluorescent-coated tube to produce visual displays corresponding to changes in electrical signals.
- An instrument which uses a CRT to produce visible patterns of one or more varying electrical quantities, or nonelectrical quantities, such as acoustic waves, with the assistance of a transducer. An oscilloscope typically displays variations in voltage plotted versus time, and may be used, for instance, to monitor signals such as brain waves. Also called cathode ray oscilloscope.
- An oscilloscope (1) which uses another type of display, such as an LCD or plasma display.
- noun a device which produces a visual record of an electrical current on a screen using a cathode ray tube. It is used in the testing of electronic equipment and in measuring electrical impulses of the heart or the brain.