- noun the amount which a company, person, or machine produces
- verb to produce (by computer)
- noun information or data that is transferred from a CPU or the main memory to another device such as a monitor, printer or secondary storage device
- noun the action of transferring information or data from store to a user
- verb to transfer data from a computer to a monitor or printer
- The net volume of work produced by a system.
- The maximum capacity or performance that a system is capable of under normal conditions of operation.
- That which is delivered by a component, circuit, device, piece of equipment, system, or process, in response to an input. For instance, the work accomplished in exchange for an energy input.
- The energy, voltage, current, or other signal delivered or produced by a component, circuit, device, piece of equipment, system, or process. For example, a voltage output taken from an electronic device. Also, to deliver or provide such a signal.
- The information which is generated by a computer after entering, receiving, processing, storing, or otherwise handling input data. Also, the generation or delivery of such information. A computer output may be, for instance, in the form of displayed images, printed pages, sounds, or data sent to peripherals or other computers linked via a network. Also called output data (1).
- The terminals of a component, circuit, device, or piece of equipment from which an output (2) is delivered. Also called output terminals.
(written as Output)The effects produced by production. Changes in health status are the ultimate output of the health service production function. However, sometimes more proximate throughput measures are used such as 'patients discharged'. In general, the use of inputs as measures of output is not recommended since the practice begs the question as to the nature and amount of output (if any.) that the inputs may generate, particularly at the margin, by assuming essentially that there is a one-to-one correspondence between input and output.
Information & Library Science
- noun the amount that a person, organisation or machine produces
- verb to print work done on a computer
- noun the audio that is actually broadcast