- noun a projection attached to an aircraft to stabilise it or to support something
Cars & Driving
- noun a short angle or box section member that runs across part of the car
- A beam that projects beyond a wall in order to support an overhanging roof or extended floor, built in a direction perpendicular to the joists of the structural member it serves.
- An extended beam that supports scaffolds or hoisting tackle as work is being performed on or near a building's wall.
- A beam that gives stability to a crane by widening its base.
- noun a projecting part which is attached to a gun in order to stabilize it, or which is attached to an aircraft to carry a weapon