Cars & Driving
- noun a transmission speed which can be selected manually and gives a ratio of less than 1:1, i.e. the transmission output shaft turns faster than the transmission input shaft
- noun a separate transmission installed in the (rear) drive train giving an overdrive reduction to direct or direct and intermediate gears; usually selected electro-mechanically by means of a button or switch located either in the instrument panel or at the gear lever
(written as OverDrive)a trade name for a processor chip that is used as a more powerful replacement for a conventional Intel 80486 processor
- To provide a voltage, current, power, or other input whose signal level exceeds that which a component, circuit, device, piece of equipment, or system is designed to safely handle.
- To provide an amplifier with an input signal whose amplitude level exceeds that which can be properly or safely handled.
- noun a large amount of a drug taken at one time and causing illness or death