- noun the act of taking something such as a machine or engine apart in order to repair, clean or adjust it
- verb to take apart and examine something carefully in order to repair, clean or adjust it
- verb to take apart and examine carefully in order to repair and clean, etc.
Cars & Driving
- verb to repair and restore to (near) original condition
- The careful examination, or disassembling, of devices, equipment, or systems, seeking out any components, units, or mechanisms which require adjustment, repair, and/or replacement.
- To make extensive adjustments, repairs, and/or replacements.