- noun an amount by which something overlaps
- noun part of one thing covering something else
- verb to have an area or range in common with something else, or to cover part of something else
- noun a situation in which one thing covers part of another or two sections of data are placed on top of each other
- verb to cover part of an item with another
- In plywood manufacture, a defect in panel construction caused by one of two adjacent veneers overriding the other.
- The performance of all or part of an operation while one or more other operations take place. Also, the time during which this occurs.
- To partially cover something, or have an area, region, or segment in common. Also, the area covered or in common.
Information & Library Science
- noun the point at which things start to be duplicated
- verb to stick out beyond the edge of the boards, so that it can be tucked in and glued