- noun an organisation which helps another to change by giving advice or offering support
- An electrical device which delivers small impulses to the heart under specified conditions, and at a predetermined rate, so as to promote its pumping blood at a regular pace. Such a device may or may not be implanted. Also called pacer, cardiac pacemaker, or heart pacer.
- noun a node in the heart which regulates the heartbeat.
- noun a clearly marked athlete who runs at a set pace to help other runners set their pace
- noun a battery-operated electrical device inserted into the body to deliver small regular shocks that stimulate the heart to beat in a normal rhythm