- noun a soft material which protects, used in dressmaking, or to make things like cushions or chairs
- noun words added to a speech or article to make it longer
- noun the addition of characters or digits to fill out a string or packet until it is the right length.
- noun a character or set of digits added to fill out a string or packet until it is the right length
- In computers and communications, characters, such as a blank characters, which are utilized to occupy empty positions of data structures. Also called padding characters, or pad characters.
- synonympad characters
Information & Library Science
- noun unnecessary information put into a speech or written document to increase the length