- noun a group of several lines of writing which makes a separate section
- noun the section of text between two carriage return characters, with a unified subject
- noun a 16-byte section of memory which starts at a hexadecimal address that can be evenly divided by 16
- In contract documents, the first subdivision of an article. The next levels are subparagraphs and clauses.
Information & Library Science
- noun a section of writing which contains one main idea, always starts on a new line and is often indented