- noun an area of a hard disk that is treated as a logical drive and can be accessed as a separate drive
- noun a section of computer memory set aside as foreground or background memory
- verb to divide a hard disk into two or more logical drives that can be accessed as separate drives
- verb to divide a large file or block into several smaller units which can be accessed and handled more easily
- A dividing wall within a building, usually non-load-bearing.
- One of multiple portions created by partitioning.
Information & Library Science
- noun a screen or temporary wall used to separate one part of a room from another
- noun the division of land which is held by joint tenants or tenants in common
- noun the act of dividing up a country