- noun each of two similar devices operating on the same network protocol level
- In a communications network, a hardware or software device, or other functional unit, which operates at the same layer as another. For example, a component which operates at the same layer within the OSI Reference Model. Also called peer entity.
- noun a person who is the same age or at the same level as someone else
- noun somebody who is in the same group or rank as another
- noun a member of the house of Lords
- noun a person who is in the same group or rank as another