- noun the act of making a way into or through something
- noun the percentage of a target market that accepts a product
- noun the percentage of a target audience reached by an advertisement
- A test of the hardness of an asphalt utilizing a weighted needle at standard conditions.
- The cut-off depth of piles or sheet piling.
- The depth of a caisson below ground level.
- The intersection of two surfaces of vaulting.
- An intrusion or otherwise unauthorized entry into a computer system or network. For instance, the cracking of a password using a brute force attack, followed by the obtaining of key information such as other passwords.
- noun the amount to which a given media has ‘penetrated’ the market, i.e. the number of people that use it or are able to use it