- noun the way in which a share increases in value
Cars & Driving
- noun the general way a car (or any other machine or material) handles
- noun specifically, a car’s acceleration and top speed
- A term meaning fulfillment of a promise made by one party to a contract or agreement in return for compensation.
- The manner in which or the efficiency with which something acts or reacts in the manner in which it is intended.
- The level of functioning of a component, circuit, device, piece of equipment, system, material, or the like. Also, the act of functioning.
- A comparative measure of the level of operation or function of a component, circuit, device, piece of equipment, system, material, or the like. For instance, high-performance, or small-signal performance.
(written as Performance)The measurement of the performance (productivity) of organizations is beset by problems arising from the difficulty of monitoring the effort of individuals, especially when engaged in team production, and locating incentives appropriately.
- noun the activity of carrying out of something, such as a duty or the terms of a contract
- noun the level at which a player or athlete is carrying out their activity, either in relation to others or in relation to personal goals or standards