- noun an official request, often signed by many people
- verb to ask someone for something officially, to make an official request for something
- A request submitted to a court in writing that asks for a particular action or set of actions to be taken by the court in relation to the opposing party in a legal dispute. A petition may be submitted against a forex broker suspected of fraud by those who believe they have been harmed by the broker's actions.
- noun a written application to a court
- noun a written request accompanied by a list of signatures of people supporting it
- noun a written request signed by the people supporting it, asking those with power to do something
- noun a written request made to a court