- An image or other visual representation which is recorded with a camera, and subsequently reproduced on a suitable surface, such as a flat sheet, or through a display device, such as a computer monitor. Also called picture (2).
Information & Library Science
- noun a picture formed by exposing light-sensitive paper to light using a camera
- noun an image produced on light-sensitive film inside a camera, especially a print or slide made from the processed image, or a reproduction in a newspaper, magazine or book.
- verb to produce an image of something or somebody using a camera
- verb to be able to be photographed, or to have a particular quality or appearance in a photograph
- verb to take a picture of something with a camera
- verb to take pictures on sensitive film, using a camera