- adjective being touched or able to be touched or felt
- In computers, all that pertains to hardware, as opposed to logical (3), which deals with software.
- The manner in which software and hardware really function, as opposed to logical (2), which is the way data, processes, and systems are organized from the user's perspective. For example, a user may view the content of a file as a series of consecutive paragraphs, while it may actually consist of many data elements stored in multiple locations on a disk.
- Pertaining to matter, energy, the laws of nature, and the fields dealing with them, especially physics.
Information & Library Science
- adjective something that can be seen or touched, as opposed to a theoretical idea
- adjective referring to the body, as opposed to the mind
- noun a physical examination
- noun a medical examination for new recruits to find out whether they are physically fit for service