- noun a worker who refuses to go into work and stands at the gate of a factory to try to persuade other workers to not go to work, because of a disagreement with their employers
- noun a person who stands outside a place to protest against what is going on inside
- noun a striking employee who stands at the entrance to a place of work to try to persuade other employees not to go to work
- A sharpened or pointed stake, post, or pale, usually used as fencing.
- noun a small group of soldiers sent out to watch for the enemy or to cover the activities of other troops
- noun a metal stake used in the revetting of trenches and other fortifications
- noun a post or plank with a pointed end that is hammered into the ground, e.g. as a marker or as a support for a fence