- noun a structure built from the land out into the sea, often with entertainments on it
- noun one of the tall strong structures holding up a bridge
- A short column to support a concentrated load.
- Isolated foundation member of plain or reinforced concrete.
- Means of support for bridge spans or the ends of a lintel or arch.
- A marine dock or breakwater structure.
- noun a pillar, especially a rectangular one supporting the end of an arch, lintel or vault
- noun an area of wall between two adjacent doors, windows or other openings
- noun a column of masonry projecting from a wall
- noun a vertical structure, usually of masonry, built against a wall to support it
- noun a construction going out into the water, used as a landing place for ships