- noun the action of squeezing something between your finger and thumb
- noun a small quantity of something held between finger and thumb
- verb to squeeze something tightly, using the finger and thumb
- verb to steal something, especially something that is not very valuable
- A dry measure often used in recipes for a small quantity of powder. The amount of powder held between the thumb and forefinger, roughly equal to one quarter of a gram. 15 pinches per teaspoon.
- noun an act of squeezing the thumb and first finger together
- noun a quantity of something which can be held between the thumb and first finger
- verb to squeeze something tightly between the thumb and first finger
- verb (to make) an arrest. An underworld and police term on both sides of the Atlantic.