- noun a long hollow cylinder or tube to convey a fluid such as oil or natural gas
- noun a distribution channel from the manufacturer through wholesalers and retailers to the customer
- verb to schedule inputs to arrive at the microprocessor when nothing else is happening, so increasing apparent speed
- verb to carry out more than one task at a time: e.g. to compress and store an image on disk as it is being scanned
- A sequence of process segments handled simultaneously in pipelining.
Information & Library Science
- noun a system for the spreading of information
- noun a huge pipe built to convey water, oil or gas over long distances