- noun the act or practice of making plans
- noun the careful organisation of how something should be done
- noun the organisation of how land and buildings are to be used
- noun the process of organising how something should be done in the future
- The process of developing a scheme of a building or group of buildings by studying the layout of spaces within each building, and of building and other installations in an open space.
Information & Library Science
- noun the process of working out in detail how to do something before starting to do it
- noun the work of organising how something should be done, especially how a company should be run to make increased profits