- noun a tall cloud of smoke or gas escaping from a factory chimney
- noun a tall cloud of smoke or gas escaping from a volcano
- noun a cloud of powdered snow blowing from a mountain crest
- noun a large feather
- Spiky plasma column seen near the Sun’s pole at periods of high solar activity, also known as polar plumes. The plumes’ shape is probably controlled by the Sun’s magnetic field.
- The effluent mixture of heated air and water vapor discharged from a cooling tower.
- An identifiable and definable stream of pollutants in an otherwise clean volume of air or water.
- noun a tall decoration of coloured feathers or animal hair, which is attached to a ceremonial headdress