- Abbreviation of positive-negative. It refers to the region where a p-type semiconductor and an n-type semiconductor meet. In a p-type semiconductor, holes, which act as positively-charged particles, are the majority carrier, while in an n-type semiconductor electrons, which are negative particles, are the majority carrier. Also called np.
- abbreviation forpiconewton
(written as pN)
- 10-12 newton. It is a unit of force. Its abbreviation is pN.
Information & Library Science
- abbreviation in Internet addresses, the top-level domain for Pitcairn Island
- abbreviation forper night