- noun a natural or artificial chemical compound whose large molecules are made up of smaller molecules combined in repeated groups
Cars & Driving
- noun a substance consisting of molecules characterized by the repetition of one or more types of monomeric units
- The product of polymerization. Some polymers are elastomers, while others are plastics.
- A rubber or resin consisting of large molecules formed by polymerization.
- A compound or substance composed of repeating subunits called monomers, which form larger units under the influence of heat, pressure, or catalysts. Polymers are often plastics or resins, and an example is polyethylene.