- noun a number of individuals of the same species living and breeding in a specific area
- noun all the people living in a particular country or area
- noun the group of items or people in a survey or study
- In statistics, an aggregate of items from which samples are taken.
- The placement or supplying of components, devices, data, members, or the like. For example, the mounting of components on a circuit board.
(written as Population)The total collection of individuals, events, technologies, or other entities of interest (of which the human population of a jurisdiction is the most common example) from which samples are often taken in order to understand better the characteristics of the whole and its parts.
- noun the number of people living in a country or town
- noun the number of patients in hospital
- noun all the people who live in a place