- adjective able to be used on a range of different computers
- adjective possible to carry
- adjective used to describe any hardware or software or data files that can used on a range of different computers
- noun a compact self-contained computer that can be carried around and used either with a battery pack or mains power supply
- That which can be easily moved from one location to another. For example, a portable computer.
- computer software which can be utilized across multiple platforms with little or no modifications.
Information & Library Science
- noun an easily carried machine such as a small computer or television
- adjective referring to something which can be carried