- adjective showing the light and dark areas of objects as they are seen
- adjective used to describe an image that shows objects as they are seen
- adjective an electrical voltage greater than zero
- Refers to "what is," in contrast to normative which involves value judgments as to "what ought to be." The word is not, in this use, the opposite of either "negative" or "harmful."
- Of, or pertaining to, a quantity or value above zero. For instance, a temperature greater than absolute zero, or a positive number.
- Of, pertaining to, or the same as the charge or a multiple of the charge of a proton. For example, the plus one charge of a sodium ion.
- Of, or pertaining to, a particle, material, or other entity which has a deficiency of electrons. For instance, a cation.
- Of, or pertaining to, a quantity, value, entity, phenomenon, or concept which is considered the opposite of an equivalent which would be described as negative. For example, a positive electrode, positive image, positive peak, positive pole, and so on.
- adjective referring to photographic images that have colours or values of dark and light corresponding to the subject
- noun a photographic image in which the light and dark tones and colours correspond to those of the original subject
- adjective indicating the presence of something being tested for
- adjective made from a negative, i.e. with the black showing as black, or with the same colours as the original
- noun film which shows the colours as in the original.