- noun water which falls from clouds as rain, snow or hail
- noun the action of forming solid particles in a solution
- Any of the forms of water which fall from the atmosphere and reach the surface of the earth, including rain, snow, sleet, and hail. Water in any of these forms which evaporates before reaching the ground may also be considered as precipitation. Also, the amount of such precipitation for a given time interval.
- The deposition of solid particles from a solution, especially a supersaturated solution.
- The deposition of dust, smoke, and other particles from air, or another gas.