- noun a meeting where reporters from newspapers and TV are invited to ask a minister questions, to hear the result of a court case, etc.
- noun a meeting where newspaper and television reporters are invited to hear news of something such as a new product or a takeover bid.
- noun a meeting where reporters from the news media are given news by politicians, the police or others, who answer the reporters’ questions
- noun a meeting at which reporters from newspapers are invited to hear news of an important event or person and ask questions
- noun a meeting where newspaper and TV reporters are invited to hear news of e.g. a new product, a takeover bid or a court case