- noun the act of giving a price to a product
- In estimating practice, after costing an item, activity, or project, the determination of the amount of money asked in exchange for the item, activity, or project. Pricing determination considers business and other interests (e.g., profit, marketing, etc.) in addition to inherent costs. The price may be greater or less than the cost depending on the business or other objectives. In the cost estimating process, pricing follows costing and precedes budgeting.
- The act of placing a value on a currency pair, commodity or other financial asset or contract in the open market. Pricing generally occurs as a result of the levels of supply and demand of the asset in the market.
- noun the activity of giving a price to a product
- noun the work of deciding on the prices at which products are to be sold